Saturday, 17 May 2014

Well, here it is. I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for a few years now. Look out world, here I am. There are things I have learned in this journey we call life that I want to share and encourage others with. I believe we are constantly growing and learning so as I move forward I want to share these things with others as well. For whatever reason (the biggest one being the anonymity of writing into cyberspace as opposed to looking someone in the eye) it's easier to do so in a blog. I appreciate when others are real and down to earth and it's my hope is to be the same as I share my insights on life. Recently my friend started a thankfulness blog and, taking a queue from her, my first entry is going to be about some things I'm thankful for.

I got to spend the day with my two girls and they are right at the top of my list of people I'm thankful for. Another one is warm weather which, after our long, cold winter, is also pretty high up there, too. We were out for a walk this morning, enjoying the crisp spring air, when my oldest stopped and said, "Look Mommy, a heart!" She was pointing to an untouched corner garden at the back of someone's lawn. The intended shape of the garden was not a heart, I'm sure, but that's what she saw. This is what I love about kids and why I love being around them. I'm thankful that my girls are able to explore the world around them and still see things with pure eyes. I'm thankful that they are innocent and naive and still have an untainted view of the world. The lifting of these veils will come soon enough, I know. For right now, I hope they can continue to see good in everything and share it with me. I'm thankful for quiet moments like today and hope that I will be able to tune into their world more often and not get too caught up in the "busy-ness" of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment